Theme: Staying safe
Submit your game here!
What is a Game Jam?
It’s an event where participants try to create a game from scratch while having a limited amount of time to do so. Usually based on a specific theme which is announced at the start of the Game Jam.
March 29th, 9:00 CET - April 5th, 9:00 CET
At home! ( or wherever else you feel comfortable doing it )
The nice thing about Game Jams is that you don't really have to be at any specific location and can participate from anywhere you want :)
- Come back on March 29th at 9:00 CET to see the Theme on this page
Or alternatively keep an eye on our social media spaces, like Twitter, Telegram or Facebook
- Jam !
You get 1 week for it, so use as much or little time as you want.
- Submit your game here!
What do I need to participate ?
Yourself and the will to get something done. Though having the right tools also helps.
Optional: A Team to spread the work amongst.
Don’t have 1 ? Try joining the NFC @ Home Discord Server and see if anybody else is looking for a team. Or ask some friends or other people you can think of.
Do I need a Team to participate ?
Nope ! You can do it solo or as part of a team. It’s up to you and whatever you feel like.
- You can use anything that you have created previously, except an already completed game
- Keep it “Safe For Work”
- You’re free to use any tools at your disposal
- Don’t use content that you don’t have the rights to or a permission of their creator
- Try to pick the tools and technologies you want to use ahead of time. This could save you some time during the Jam
- Try planning your time ahead of the Jam and how much time you want to spend on certain aspects of the game. You only get a limited amount of time, so make sure to use it wisely.
- Remember to take breaks and rest. (and also to eat and sleep)
- Things might take longer than you expected, so focus on completing the bare minimum to get something playable. You can always go back and add more details later.